It's amazing how going to a punk show can make me feel so good. Before last night I felt out of place here in Amsterdam; the atmosphere of drugs and partying just doesn't appeal to me anymore at my age.
It was suprisingly easy to take the train to Utrecht and we found the squat in short order. We sat down and the bar and felt immediately at home, smelly kids and girls with black dreads, if it weren't for the Dutch being spoken I would have thought we were in MPLS. Beer was cheap and they had a few records that I wanted to buy but I still have close to three months left and cannot even think of spending money on records. The first band played typical Dutch hardcore, not unlike Seeing Red, though with rougher vocals. The second band played typical hardcore and was pretty boring. Sin Dios played for around two hours and played one of the better sets I've seen all year. They played every song I wanted to hear and their drummer crushed. I took some really great pictures and will post them as soon as I figure it out.
We are staying in Amsterdam for a few more days. I'm not really sure what we are gonna do, it seems we've done all there is to do (or more like, all I would do) in this city. We're gonna meet up with Lundy in a few hours and may check out the Van Gogh museum.
First officers log: That show was the shit! the first band was killer, with alot of jumps and cool hardcore stances. while the the second band played i fell asleep with a cigg in my hand in the middle of the god damn room. that tells you how cool they were. the show space was really cool, with a decent sized bar/merch room and another room about the size of 7th street with pretty good sound to boot. as the captain said, sin dios was fuckin rad. they explainedevery song in english and then more accuratly in espanol. their drummer was by far the most entertaining to watch. the funny thing was that these guys looked older than d4! but i digress. right now we have an interesting sleeping arrangment here at the flying pig. for the first two nights we moved from room to room, but now we are staying in a six person room with eight spanish girls. when they found out that we were staying in the room, all we heard were giggles and whispers in spanish. pretty funny stuff. thats all for now, stay up yall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You're living situation should keep you busy if you run out of things to do in Amst...8 SPANISH GIRLS!! My god, man! Where to next?
Post a Comment