Wednesday, December 28, 2005
Shitting in the Dark
You always notice the little things when you travelling. Instead of thinking about how historical or beautiful Barcelona is I often find myself occupied with more basic questions. Like why does my hostel have automatic lights in the bathroom that turn off in 30 seconds leaving the occupant to finish his or her buisness in the dark or streach and contort ones body in order to reach the light for another 30 seconds? Or why is it that I can buy a bottle of wine for 51 cents at the store while it costs €2.50 for a can of refried beans, is it really that hard to refry beans? Where is the Mexican food anyway? The Spanish took nearly everthing from the new world but forgot the most important thing, the tortilla. And I really don't get why stores close at lunch. It seems to me that it would be more of a pain in the ass to close the store, go home, eat lunch and come back and open the store again, when I go home I'm staying there and sure as shit not going back work. Take a 30 minute break, eat your ramen and get your ass back to work. The lunch closings are extremely inconvenient for those who wake up in the afternoon. I understand and appreciate other cultures. Learning about other cultures and seeing life from a different point of view is one of the best parts of traveling but sometimes the stupid american that lives inside of all of us comes out and says "what the fuck?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
yeah I agree with robbie you rank and rave about all the great THINGS abroad no pun intended but yeah. Girls love to get their pictures taken, plus that's you're in and if it doesn't work out then you can just say it's for you're friends back in the states. Hmm do you use that term alot back in the states? I think that I'm going to use that term more often and it will not make sense so it wi;ll work better than expected. hey last nights show was bare naked ladies it was great they did all of their hits just like you two shits would appreciate
Yah, pics of girls and weed when you go back to Amsterdam. Didn't you hear, the Europeans are lazy, that's why they close at lunch. Ooops gotta go, I'm at work.
Jorgy
Post a Comment