Saturday, December 31, 2005

happy new year






Yesterday we finally found a punk record store, though it was more of an info shop similar to Arise. There was a flyer for a punk/metal fest taking place at a squat that night; no bands we had heard of but of course we were gonna check it out. The squat was the dirtiest place I've ever been to in my life (next to the Thomas house of course). It was in a warehouse and was actually pretty big. It was divided into two rooms, one side was the show space with a bar and the other room was where everyone slept. There were tents set up and nasty matresses all over. In a way it reminded me of punk fest. Traveling kids, dreadlocks, dirty skumfuks and of course dogs. For christs sake, there was a fucking broken down van in the place where they were selling "food." We saw only 3 bands two punk bands and a metal band. The last band we saw were actually really good. They were called Primates (pronounced pre ma tays) and played spanish punk rock similar to Sin Dios without the ska and with a female singer. Good shit. Have a good New Year all, I hope at least somone went and saw the Hellshock/Imperial Lether show. Cheers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the blood-stained sheets on the ceiling...

Anonymous said...

Goat Leg the technolocially retared say's: i hate the internet and computers. Minnesota sucks, winter sucks, I got bored and wasted the other night and tattooed a DIY an my ankle and bled all over the place, it looks pretty damn good though. Now that I know the address to this thing, i'll keep reading if anyone in mpls sees this, call me! I'm bored as hell!

-Goat Leg