Friday, December 14, 2007

There`s no beach in Buenos Aires

Sorry, but their isn`t. At least not one anyone would swim at. I actually did go down to the ocean one day and it was one of the saddest things I`ve ever seen. Trash everywhere and the water is rust brown. Anyway....I`m in Ushuaia now. I`m not sure why I`m here to be honest. Ushuaia is the furthest south city in the world and a big hub for people going to Antarctica. I`d love to go but I cannot justify spending $3,500 just to step on to the continent. Don`t get me wrong, Ushuaia is quite beautiful and in a great, unique setting but I was getting used to the summer and party atmosphere in BA. There are some cool things to do here; I´ve seen some penguins and done some cool hiking but I now have one hell of a long way to go to get to Columbia. I`m off to Puerto Natales (Chile) tomorrow then to El Calafate (Argentina) a few days later to see a big ass glacier and if everything works out I`ll be back in Chile a week from today taking a four day boat ride up though the coast. Internet will likely be spotty but I`ll try my best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should just get a job with the Colombian drug cartel to make it even that much more badass. I bet they give you a wicked gun and a sweet moustache to boot.

-GoatLeg