So it's been 10 days in Buenos Aires and I'm still not sure what I've done. Everybody in this city (including my hostel) parties non stop. It's one of the few cities when bars are empty at 2am and you get called a pussy for going home at 5. For gods sake, I missed my spanish classes for a hanukkah party (if that makes any sense). I have, though, met some really great people and will likely have travel partners for the rest of my trip - or at least Argentina.
The hostel I'm staying at is about two blocks from congress (the building you can see from my balcony). Because of this, I'm treated to daily protests when I go to the supermarket in the morning. And today, the new president - who also happens to be Argentina's first female president - was sworn in at congress. Our street was secured and no cars were allowed for 24 hours prior to the event. The even itself was pretty stale but I got some pretty good shots of the presidentail motorcade going down our street.
I'm off to Ushuaia tomorrow. I'm ready to leave Buenos Aires but certainly not the weather. It's been in the 80's all week and beautiful. It's appears that it will be pretty cold in Ushuaia (relatively for those in the Northern Hemisphere), around 50 and windy. From Ushuaia I'll head up through patagonia and I hope to make it to Bolivia by the end of January but who knows if it will actually happen. I'll post some more pics when I get a chance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment