Thursday, December 20, 2007
arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg
I just waited like five minutes for this stupid internet page to load. Things move slow in Patagonia - I just got off a bus that traveled about 5 miles an hour down an unpaved road dodging emus and alpacas and sheep and shit. Alpacas are pretty rad. They are like the deer of patagonia and look like ton-tons from Star Wars. I bet you couldn´t ride them though. The last week has been a blur - it´s been all bus rides, mountains and glaciers. I´ve got some great pics but certainly don´t have the patience to load them on this computer. A few days ago I hiked in the Torres del Paine national park. It was pretty brutal - like hauling furniture in a five up in the LES all day. A bit more picturesque and rewarding though (wait, I didn´t get paid). Regardless, I´ve been having a blast and seen come cool things that I could have never imagined. Later tonight, I´m getting on a boat that travels from Puerto Natales to Puerto Montt (ChilĂ©). It should be a fun. It´s gonna take four days and is a bit expensive but I think it´s worth it; I don´t really want to take a bus all the way up. After the boat ride I´m gonna blast over to Bariloche (Argentina, 4th time crossing the border) for Christmas and meet up with some cats I met in BA, then I´m will make my way up to Bolivia. I can´t wait, I love ChilĂ© and Argentina but they are too European. I´ve been to Europe, it´s great, but I came here for some excitement - third world excitment! Who knows what that means, but heard some great stories about Bolivia usually involving dynamite or drinking some unknown alcohol and shitting ones brains out. Yea! Can´t wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Mmm....drinking and shitting ones brains out. Sounds tempting. Now, if only you could combine that party with the Duluth party you had. Sounds like MN circa 1999.
Glad your having a good time, Mike. Keep up the good work.
~Julie
Wow, you're really on top of the transit situation. I'm impressed. Dynamite and diarrhea inducing liquors? Watch yourself homey...
-Robbie
Post a Comment