Sunday, December 02, 2007

Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires is fuckin´ rad. It´s big, ugly, smelly and rough like New York, but definetly has a disinct European feel to it. I didn´t get a chance to do much yesterday as I was exausted but I did see some cool shit. The subway nearest me still runs on what appears to be cars from the turn of the century (the last one). The cars are made of all wood and you have to manually pull open the doors to get out. In fact you can pull open the door whenever you please - even when it is moving - and the train moves regardless if someone is still stuck in the door trying to get in. It´s really hot here and it was quite a shock coming from New York. My hostel is the best hostel I´ve stayed at in the world. I´m on the sixth floor, I have a sweet balcony in my room that has a sick view of the city. There is also a roof bar and the people here are really cool. And everything is cheap. Yea. A little disorganised on the first post but whatever, I´m sweating my balls of. Today, I´m going to a soccer game. It´s the last game of the season, La Boca the poor team from BA is playing who have been explained to me as the Argentinian equivilant of the Yankees. I´m rooting for La Boca. I hope their isn´t a riot. Apparently we are paying the mob for our safety or whatever. It sounds fuckin nuts.

No comments: