Sunday, December 16, 2007

Pics of Ushuaia and Puerto Natales





The top three are in Ushaia and the bottom pic is Puerto Natales (ChilĂ©) where I currently reside. It took 15 hours on a bus to get here - my first of many long bus rides. I slept most of the way due to the fact that I was up until 3 at a club that a Jamaican/Argentinian told me to go to. It was free - and very funny too. It was like an 80´s dance party but they were serious. Ushaia was one of the stranges places I´ve been. It was small, dirty and for some reason reminded me of Duluth. Cool to visit but you couldn´t pay me a million dollars to live there. The sun set around 10:30 and rose about 4 awaking the roosters and thus me. Puerto Natales is strange too - small town, weird people, strange life and lots of tourists. And stray dogs, they´re everywhere.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i see that you followed my wishes and took a picture of penguins. yay!!

Anonymous said...

Nice pics man that scenery is amazing.
Sounds like you are having a good time. We'll have to go to Duluth when you get back.

Safe Travels,

Jordan

Anonymous said...

Yes, Kdopplegangier is the correct spelling. Those penguins look like they'd be delicious! Do they eat them ever down there? I saw some sweet Man vs Wild episodes on what to do if you get stranded out there in S. America (patagonia specifically). Beware of pumas (pyoomas) and don't be afraid to eat raw cow meat!

ozborne said...

Yeah! You saw the penguins! Looks like a beautiful place to visit after your colorful description of Buenos Aires!