Monday, December 03, 2007

Da Le Boca




Ah, I tried to post this after the football match but got tied up. This city is just too crazy...

The FĂștbol match was off the hook. We had to arrive 3 hours early to avoid any trouble. The oppsing fans had already arrived and were already singing songs and stomping around. On the way in we saw riot police and cops on horses everywhere near the stadium. Our guide informed us that we had to sit under the bleachers further back because the opposing fans would spit, throw trash and piss on us (they were directly above us). Once the stadium filled up, shit got wild. They start singing songs, jumping up and down - basically going crazy. I´ve got some great video of this and will upload it when I figure it out. La Boca (the home team) dominated the first half but failed to score. The opposing fans spit and threw trash on the people below us. They shrugged it off like nothing was happeing. I saw this guy leaning on the fence watching the game with a massive loogie hanging from his elbo, apparently too into the game to wipe it off. The opposing team (I forgot the name) ended up taking over the game but the spirit of La Boca fans never wained - they sang louder. In the end La Boca lost. We were not let out of the stadium until the opposing fans had left so we waited around for about an hour. Durring this time we got to watch people throwing shit and figting the police, cool but kinda scary.
The bottom two pics are from the game the top one is the view from my room.
I´ll try and write some more later as I´ve done a lot since the game. But now, I must nap, my head hurts from spanish class.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn Geena. It sounds/looks amazing. Keep the pictures and videos coming fo sho. Have fun. Don't get killed in a riot please. -Hoops/Juggs

Anonymous said...

I agree - keep the pics coming. The architecture around there looks really interesting. I'll bet there are some amazing churches/cathedrals there.
-Nascar Johnny.

Anonymous said...

Did you actually see poop? Agreed those pics are sweet. How are the ladies out there?

Jordan