Friday, January 20, 2006

you get what you pay for

so we took a night train over to prague in order to save some cash. our friend lev said they were aweful but I figureed it couldn't be that bad; just give me a place to lay down and I can rough it. we bought what they call a "couchette" for about 12 euro each (much less than a nights stay in most of europe) and they were horrible. they stuff six people into a closet and 8 closets into a car with 1 bathroom, the conditions were crowded to say the least. we arrived early in the morning feeling like shit and took some aussies advice outside the train station to go to this hostel. "it looks like shit but trust me its fun, it costs 250 crowns (10 american dollars) and they have beer for 25(1 american dollar in case you can't put 2 and 2 together)." Our hostel is cold and shitty and there is this dude on the verge of death sleeping below me who makes noises like a dying animal but I guess its cheap. I suppose if I drink enough dollar liters I can sleep through anything. also the reception guy gave us a free beer for breakfast when we were checking in. ok....go steelers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey there Captain... hear you're in Prague. Sir Toby's hostel is better. Go to St Nicholas's Cathedral. Really fucking amazing. I had a dream not too long ago that you were here for some reason. Sounds like you're having fun--keep it rollin. Things are normal here. Depressing weather, busy schedule, same old. Later! Juliet