As most of you probably don´t know Venezuela and Ecuador have amassed troops on the Colombian border. They claim that while conducting a raid against FARC, Colombia flew into Ecuadorian airspace. Thus, troops were sent to Colombia´s borders to send a message or whatever. It´s all a bit silly and stupid. I´m glad I´ve got no more borders to cross.
I arrived in Salento, Colombia yesterday only to sit in amazement as nine people told me about how they were attacked by a bull. This region of Colombia is known as the coffee growing region. It´s a beautiful area of lush green hills, banana trees and coffee plantations. They also breed bullfighting bulls in the area and one of then escaped it´s pen yesterday. The bull happened across nine tourists taking a walk in the nearby hills and proceeded to tear them apart. Seriously, it was one of the most surreal stories I´ve ever heard. Five people were directly attacked by the bull and sent top the hospital. The others had to sit and watch in horror as their friends were being thrown into the air by the bull. A seventy year old man among them was gored, lost his glasses and spent two hours in a tree too terrified to climb down. I almost arrived in Salento one day before and no doubt I would have gone on the walk with them. I´m so glad I decided to stay and extra day in Cali...Anyway, no one was seriously injured -- just a bunch of stitches, bruises and perhaps, some mental scars. And of course the bull was not put down, it did exactly what it was bread to do: tear shit up. Ridiculous.
I´m off to the Caribbean soon enough. Then to Bogota. I´ll be back in three weeks. Can´t wait to see everybody...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That bull shit (pun entirely unintended) sounds pretty gnarly. I have to go to Mpls for my sister's wedding on the same weekend that everyone will be in NY. Im pissed. There's nowhere I'd rather not be at that time of the year.
wow, I read about them troops in the paper yesterday and immediately thought of you. Sounds like your having a great time though. And these pictures your putting up are fuckin sweet. 3 weeks to go huh? I would have responded earlier if my dumass would've remembered. Anyway, can't wait to hear from ya...later
my neighbors are moving out (bogart street side), you and shortwood and his roomate should move in, i assume it's 2000 a month.
-pulju
kickassery. Just get home.
-Julieboboolie
6 more days to go. See you soon.
-Robbie
Post a Comment